So, if you are cooking eggs, you may get tired of the same old scrambled option. Maybe you like quiche but what about if you have some food sensitivity to gluten? Enter the Frittata.
If you’ve never eaten a frittata before, be prepared to enter a world of endless options (can you tell that I like eggs?). With a history with roots that date as far back as from Mesapotamia, the variations are endless.
Today we give you one such option from the DeRosa’s kitchen with some baby red potatoes to accompany it for an excellent meal. When you do decide to give this recipe a go, be sure to cook some extra and freeze it for those mornings during the work week when you don’t have time to make a fresh meal.
Red Pepper and Onion Frittata with roasted baby potatoes
½ cup milk
1 cup goat cheese
4 red peppers
Salt and pepper to taste
Butter or oil to grease the pan.
- Chop your onions, red peppers, and shallots. Place them on a roasting sheet or in a cast iron pan. I like to dry roast these so no oil is needed. If you’re going in the oven set it to roast at 400 for around 25 minutes. If in the cast iron pan you’re looking for browning and a slight char. Add salt and pepper half way through.
- Whisk your eggs, milk, and goat cheese.
- Once your veggies are done grease a 9×13 glass baking sheet and place a little of the egg mixture on the bottom. Add in your veggies evenly spread over the glass dish. Finally, add in the rest of your egg mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to the top
- Bake at 400 for 45-50 minutes.
Roasted Baby Potatoes
1 bag of baby reds
1 bag of baby creamers
4TBS of olive oil
Garlic powder, Roughly 2 TBS… we like to kill vampires.
Salt and pepper
- Wash and blanch your baby potatoes until they are soft, and ALMOST mashable.
- Drain potatoes, and slice them in half.
- Place them in a 9×13 glass baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over them and add your S/P, and garlic powder.
- Toss the potatoes a bit in the pan and roast in the oven at 400 for 30 minutes.
If you want to go and learn more about the history of the Frittata, Go Here.