Treehouse has helped tens of thousands of clients achieve their goals over the years. We will do what other gyms and trainers won’t: we are coaches, trainers, fans, and friends. We are students of life, and we keep pushing ourselves to always keep learning and find new techniques to help our clients.
After a short stint in the Army and a career in the office furniture industry, Coach Dave finally settled into the fitness industry as a personal trainer. He brought with him years of martial arts training and an understanding from the army of real world fitness. It did not take very long to realize the current fitness industry model of building lean muscle and burning calories was way off base. After reading two journals from Greg Glassman (What is Fitness & Foundations) everything changed.
Certifications & Credentials:
- CrossFit Certified Level III (2007 old cert)
- CrossFit Olympic Weightlifting certified (2007 1st cert)
- CrossFit Running and endurance certified (1st Pose running cert)
- USA Weightlifting Senior Coach
- USA Weightlifting Club Coach
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach
- CrossFit Kettlebell certified under Jeff Martone
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) certified personal trainer (2005)
- Former Assistant instructor at the Martial Arts Research Institute (2004)
- USAW Referee
- NELWC Secretary 2012-2015
- Bronze 2010 National Masters Weightlifting Championships
- CPR Certified
- Lakan Isa (1st Degree Black Belt) Modern Arnis by Master Alix Lavaud (2013)
Tara Picardy is our business manager (which makes her the real boss!) and coach. After several years in the corporate legal field, Tara realized her true passion for fitness when her husband Dave stumbled upon CrossFit. Tara’s education, knowledge of business and interpersonal skills has allowed her to pursue her coaching/business manager career full time. Being physically active for most of her life, Tara was excited to be able to share this passion with men, women and children of all ages.
Certifications & Credentials: CrossFit 1, CrossFit L2 (2007 Old Cert), USAW Sports Performance Coach, Precision Nutrition L1, CrossFit Kids, CrossFit Kettlebell, CrossFit Running,
Ready to get started?
Schedule an intro session and to learn how we can help you meet your goals!