The DeRosa’s have shared an amazing recipe that is quite simple to make and will provide ample leftover for meal prep, depending on how many you have in the household.
Here are the ingredients:
2 lbs chuck roast, grass fed
3 Medium Size Russet potatoes
1 stalk of celery
5 Carrots, with carrot tops if available
2 yellow onions
4 Cups beef broth
2oz dried wild mushrooms
1 tomato paste
3 Bay Leaves
4 sprigs fresh Rosemary
4 sprigs fresh Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste
Here is the recipe:
1. Wash and peel all of your veggies. Remove carrot tops and place off to the side.
2. Chop carrots, celery, onions, and potatoes to be about 1 inch cubes/slices.
3. Fine chop shallots
4. Blend your dried mushrooms until they are in a powder form.
5. Lightly brown the beef in a pan. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Remove beef and place off to the side.
7. Add your veggies to the bottom of the slow cooker.
8. Add your powdered mushrooms
9. Layer your browned beef on top
10. Bind all of your fresh herbs with twine and place it on top of the beef. If you don’t have twine just layer on top of the beef and pick out stems before serving.
11. Add your tomato past on top of the beef. (it will turn to liquid and mix in as it cooks)
12. Finally add in your beef broth.
13. Set your crockpot to high and cook for 6 hours.